CDNIS Counselling Mission Statement
The CDNIS counselling team comprises individuals who are diverse, skilled, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and caring. Advocating for students, we support the development of their positive character traits, individual pathways for learning, and contribution to local and global communities. We promote personal growth and the joy of learning by providing a comprehensive, accessible, and inclusive counselling programme.
We believe in:
1. Creating and sustaining a safe, inclusive, positive, and happy environment for students and the community.
2. Nurturing the whole child through his or her social, emotional, academic, and career development.
3. Guiding students to be socially aware, empathetic, and compassionate.
4. Empowering all students to understand their potential and to advocate for themselves and others.
5. Identifying and supporting the individual needs of students at all levels of development.
6. Recognizing that success may be different for each student.
7. Developing a global perspective with responsibility and purpose.
8. Promoting wellness and encouraging students to value a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
9. Embracing diversity as an integral part of the school community and in life.
10. A collaborative approach that values the input of all stakeholders: students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, board members, and the wider community.