The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme
The IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) is designed for students aged 11 to 16. It provides a framework of learning that encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers. The MYP emphasizes intellectual challenge, encouraging students to make connections between their studies in traditional subjects and the real world. It fosters the development of skills for communication, intercultural understanding and global engagement – essential qualities for young people who are becoming global leaders.The MYP is flexible enough to accommodate most national or local curriculum requirements. It builds upon the knowledge, skills and attitudes developed in the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and prepares students to meet the academic challenges of the IB Diploma Programme (DP).
The IB Middle Years Programme:
- Addresses holistically students’ intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being
- Provides students opportunities to develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills they need in order to manage complexity and take responsible action for the future
- Ensures breadth and depth of understanding through study in eight subject groups
- Requires the study of at least two languages (language of instruction and additional language of choice) to support students in understanding their own
- Cultures and those of others empowers students to participate in service within the community
- Helps to prepare students for further education, the workplace.
To learn more about our schools programme, please visit the IB Middle Years Programme Communicator.
This information was taken from the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) website. Please visit the IBO website for more information.